the last ornaments

A few years ago, my mom gave me a set of these very pretty beaded snowflake ornaments:

This year I decided to try and make a few. After several failures I figured it out and came up with this:

Also very pretty, if I do say so myself. But by the time it was finished, I felt finished with the project. I am a little burned out with ornaments this year, but I'm sure I'll be ready for them again next year. This ornament went to a friend at church.

I also made a beaded icicle ornament which was very easy and quick. I only made one of these as well, but plan to make a bunch more for next year's tree.

This will be my last post until after the holiday. Merry Christmas!


Annie said...

It's so cute! And very festive.

Bridget said...

I'm attempting the snowflakes... any pointers?

Jill said...

These are pretty simple - my only suggestion is to get thick enough wire that it doesn't break when twisted a few times, but thin enough that it is easily pliable. Good luck!