So, when I recently got involved in a co-worker's baby shower, I decided to put together an inspiration board of my own. She is having a girl, and we decided to do a "Garden Tea Party" theme.
1. Tea pot or tea cup sugar cookies as a favor - I'll have to head on over the NY Cake to get a new cookie cutter.
2. bowls or large teacups full of pink jelly beans/candy on the table - anyone know where I can get bulk pink candy in NY?
3. We are still deciding on a group gift. Almost everything on her registry is already purchased, so one possibility is to get a car seat to decorate and fill with goodies
4. Finger sandwiches and other tea party food - hopefully displayed on pretty cake stands. Hostess with the Mostess posted about a new line of Martha Stewart whitewear at Macy's that looks promising.
5. A diaper cake
6. Lots of pink lemonade as a beverage
7. Tissue paper pom pom flowers hung from the ceiling - I was thinking in shades of pink, cream and mint green. I've made these before, so it should be easy.
8. Matching pom pom napkin rings
9. A garland hung in one of the windows or over the food table - ours will say "congratulations" or "baby brewing"
10. Assorted teacups at each table setting - this will be a little tricky. I am going to hunt around the city's thrift stores and see if I find cheap ones.
That's about it so far ... do any of you have ideas to add?