secret santa scarves

I crocheted two secret santa scarves this month ...

a blue one for my sister's bookclub secret santa exchange

and a red one for my own bookclub exchange

We used Elfster, so I was able to sneakily find out that red and pink are Mary's favorite colors. What a great site! It made setting up an exchange really easy.

I was lucky enough to have BreAnna as my secret santa. She made me a basket filled with a beautiful cinnamon stick candle, a bundle of bath salts, and Christmas mugs filled with hot cocoa. Thanks, BreAnna! You are the best.


Tiffany said...

Hi Jill,

I found your blog just clicking around, and I love all of your projects! My favorite is your crocheted cheeseburger, and your yellow polka-dotted elephant. I got the link to the adorable paper dolls by Hillary Lang from your site, and I was wondering what type of magnet paper you purchased. Any tips on where to buy it?


Jill said...

Hi Tiffany -

I bought my magnet paper at Staples. I used all the sheets on other things and no longer have the package, but I believe it was just the generic staples brand magnet paper. If I were to do it again, I would look for much thicker magnet paper - the kind I used was easy to tear.

Good luck! Thanks for reading. :)

Vivian said...

I know you don't know me, I'm Heidi's cousin and am very impressed with your crafty skills! You have the talent I wish I had to make your own patterns. I wanted to recommend this awesome website for you . You need an invite, takes a few weeks once you sign up, but it's got so many patterns for crochet. Keep up the good work and good luck on that contest!

cmg said...

Jill, don't give up on the crochet! I know your poll results show little interest, but it's HOT outside. I crochet much more in the winter, even here in Cali where 55' is cold:). Love your caps with the animal faces. I check your blog alot for gift ideas to make, love the tutorials.

cmg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly @ The Creative Maven said...

Do you know what pattern you used for your scarves? Or maybe you didn't :) I'm going to teach a friend how to crochet... and she wants to do a scarf - I think she would like this one!