DIY Babylegs

I love when projects are as fast an easy as they claim to be. I think BabyLegs are super cute, so when I saw a 10-minute tutorial on Flickr, I just had to try it (For those of you who haven't heard of BabyLegs, they are like little baby leg warmers - good for keeping them warm when they are just in a onesie (quick diaper changes!) or to protect the knees of crawling babies). Believe it or not, it really only takes about 10 minutes ... maybe less once you get going.

I dug into my sock animal sock stash, and a mere half hour later, I had a pair for ...

my baby O.,

Elise,

and Jenny!

Perfect for an on-the-go gift. I have a feeling my babe is going to have a whole drawer full of these. The Flickr tutorial is by Baby Hopes and you can buy genuine BabyLegs here.

13 comments:

Hippie Family... said...

too cute.. I am digging thru my old sock drawer now!! (for us) and will get some for everyone else:D

Laurel MacD said...

I made these for my baby when she was crawling and it was too hot for pants. They are so fast, so cheap, and so cute!!

Angie Maynes said...

Very cute. I smell neice and nephew christmas presents!

Jessica Sorensen said...

I have had these on my to do list for awhile now I even have the socks so I am glad to hear they only take 10 min.
By the way I found your blog through Erin Sheffield (she made me some of your bibs) and I have a crafting blog too but not nearly as cool as yours and I put on link to yours if that is ok. mommycreations.blogspot.com

Cookie said...

I just saw this site too! I have my socks ready but haven't done the sewing yet. I love your site and happy you are having a little one of your own. Keep those baby projects coming!
May I suggest a a product/project for you? A wearable towel for drying off baby. They are slippery when wet! :) Very helpful, I have a pattern somewhere message me if you want it or check out http://www.coochico.com/

Vivian said...

My sister and I were just talking about the DIY BabyLeggs and she thought you had done a post on it. Then, suddenly you did! You must have special mind reading abilities!

Vivian said...

ps, we talked on Sunday about it, so you hadn't done it yet... that make the story better... :)

Rebeckah said...

So sweet. I want a baby so I can make some : )!

Dana Jones said...

Just a brain storm, would these be cute for mom's too? Say for wearing playing on the floor with baby? Maybe you could substitute the arms of a sweater to make adult size MommyLegs?

Okay an idea has to be thrown out there.

If anyone could make them cute, you could!

Carrie said...

These are AWESOME! I'm SO doing this tomorrow!!

Elise said...

Thanks, Jill! I love them!

Lindsay Bear said...

Oh my goodness, I just LOVE this!!! What an amazing idea! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

I wonder what kind/s of socks i could use? thank u :)