Wipes Clutch Tutorial
- plastic travel wipes case
- thin batting
- braided trim
- decorative trim or ribbon (optional)
- hot glue and hot glue gun
- template (save the image below and print as a full 8x11 image - printing directly from your browser may resize the template)
1. Hot glue the batting around the top edges of the wipes case. Trim any excess - there should be no overhang.
2. Wrap the fabric around the case. Hot glue across the top front edge. Pull the fabric taut and hot glue across the bottom front edge (below the line of where it closes together). Continue gluing around all sides, pulling fabric tight. Clip the fabric near the hinge on both sides, so you can glue the fabric tight around the back corners. Trim any excess fabric. Don't worry if it looks a little messy at this point - all the edges will be covered with the braided trim.
For this step, the most important thing to remember is that you do not want to glue over where the wipes case closes and snaps together. On the bottom half, the fabric should not go all the way to the edge.
3. Add a decorative trim or ribbon, if you want one.
4. Glue the braided trim around all edges. Start in one of the bottom back corners. Again, on the bottom side of the case, do not glue over where the case closes.
Continue gluing the trim all the way around. When you get to the hinges, make a U-Turn and start the trim around the top of the case.
When you get back to your starting point, end the trim and top with a small amount of hot glue to keep it from fraying.
You're done! If you worked carefully, the case should still snap closed tight. Fill with baby wipes and you are good to go.