lemon meringue pie

Tonight I made a lemon meringue pie and for the first time ever, the meringue turned out right. wahoo! I used this recipe.

Lemon meringue pie always makes me think of my dad. Once when I was a kid, we went to a Tippin's and ate an entire lemon meringue pie in the parking lot, just the two of us. Then we had to go back inside and buy another one because my mom had sent us there to bring a pie home for the family. Just thinking about it makes me laugh. We brought the second pie home and didn't say a word to anyone - I thought it was just about the best secret in the world.

Happy fourth of July, everyone! I hope you have a chance to eat some good pie.

post signature

10 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks for starting a landslide of fun summer memories of me and my dad! Have a great weekend everyone!

Jeree said...

What a wonderful memory. Thanks for sharing.

MaryAnne said...

Your pie looks perfect!

momof3under6 said...

i love special "secret" memories you share with a parent! And your pie looks excellent! i have a lemon tree in my back yard and i've always thought i needed to make a pie with them and i never got around to it (3 kids under 6 can do that to you!) But you've inspired me to do it for our block party this weekend! :) Thanks and have a happy 4th!

Rose said...

What a wonderful memory :)
My mom used to make Lemon Meringue pie and while it was never one of my favorites, it always makes me think of her.

Jen said...

Cute story! I love lemon pie!

Suzy D. said...

Jill,
thanks for all the good Ideas!
I used the elephant template from your post last week.I have been making burp cloths too.you always give such good info check them out!
.http://suzydinspired.blogspot.com/2009/06/bibs-glorious-bibs.html

Anonymous said...

The secret is out!

Chad & Bonny Day said...

that is the cutest story ever!!

Chips and Salsa with Beans said...

Good Glory! That pie looks yummy!

Oh, and the story about your dad? Love.it.