flower, fruit and vegetable templates

Happy Friday!  To use the following templates from my felt playhouse, right click on the images to save and print as a full 8.5x11 sheet of paper.  enjoy  :)

 
Flower instructions:
  • Cut two of each flower.
  • Cut one center for each (except tulip).
  • Embellish the front of the flower with a felt center, button, etc.  Set aside.
  • Sew a tube of green felt for the stem.  Insert a pipe cleaner for added stability.  I folded my pipe cleaners in half and twisted the ends together to keep them from ripping through.
  • Sandwich 1/2 inch of stem between the two pieces of flower.
  • Sew around the outside edge, leaving an opening for stuffing.
  • Stuff flower with polyfill.
  • Sew the opening closed.


 

Can I get away with not posting full instructions for all of the produce?  In brief - for each item, cut two.  Attach a square of velcro to the back piece if you want it to stick to the playhouse.  With both pieces together, sew around the outer edge, leaving an opening for stuffing.  Stuff with polyfill.  Sew the opening closed.  For apple and carrot, insert stem (use a 3 inch piece of ribbon or trim (folded in half) for the apple) before sewing the opening closed.  Easy, peasy!

For the corn, cut strips of white and yellow felt and weave into a rectangle, slightly larger than the template.  Cut two additional yellow corn pieces using the template.  Sew one solid yellow piece to the woven rectangle, going around the outer edge.  Trim off excess woven pieces.  Layer your woven corn piece with the other yellow corn piece and sew around the outside, leaving an opening for stuffing.  Stuff with polyfill and sew opening closed.
 
post signature

24 comments:

LJ said...

hey jill,
i just wanted to give you a big shout out and thank you for the templates! you are one talented lady!

Kristy said...

Jill--Thank you so much for posting your patterns!
You are amazing!

M.L.J.C. said...

Would you believe that I was scouring the internet for "just the right flower outline" to use for this? I guess I should have had a little patience with this. Thanks so much! I'm excited to (hopefully) have this done by NEXT Christmas. ;)

The Harris Family said...

Thank You!!!

Rose said...

Thanks so much for sharing your templates!! This is great!! Love your playhouse, you did such a wonderful job!!

Stephanie said...

Wow! I have two boys and I have been trying very hard to think of toys that will encourage their imagination!! This is PERfecT! I may just need to wait for more posts but I was wondering what you did for the top part that lays on the table, or how you attached it to the table?? Thank you so much for the inspiration :)

AmyJo said...

Awesome! Thank you!

Kurtis said...

Thanks so much for sharing these! I really, really want to make this, and even if I can't get it started yet, I think I'll use these templates for a quiet book. You are amazing! ~Lindsey

Mel said...

Just to let you know I left you an award at my blog.:)

Laura B. said...

This is seriously the greatest thing I've ever seen. I must make one for my girls for Christmas. Please keep the instructions coming for those who are not as crafty as you! We'll need them!!

Deb said...

Thank you so much for the templates. I can't wait to go buy the felt and get started!!

Larissa said...

pretty awesome that you have time to not only sew that awesome wonder, BUT you also provide all of us with awesome templates.

The Activity Mom said...

Thanks for sharing this!
I also gave you an award at my blog. =)
http://activitymom.blogspot.com/2009/10/over-top-award.html

Joni said...

I checked out your blog the other day to get some ideas for a quiet book for my 2 little ones for Christmas. Then I saw this way cute house. I've changed my plan for Christmas, now. I even bought all the felt today so I can get started. Yipee! And thank you so much for the templates. You are so awesome for sharing!

Matt Jordan Tenesey said...

Hi, I typed in Quiet Books and up came this:
http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/06/finished-quiet-book.html


Can you custom make one for my daughter? This is exactly what I am looking for! Please let me know if you can and how much. Thanks Jordan Jhula12@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much...I can't wait to get started and as a new sewer this is a big help. My kids (on Christmas morning) will thank you!!

Heidi said...

Such a great idea! I love it!
Thanks for sharing your idea and the templets!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

YAY! Thanks so much for sharing these, I'll be linking. I'm SO blown away by your house. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on Martha in the future. Hmm, I wonder if she has a Sharkey google alert? =)

Val in the Rose Garden said...

What beautiful patterns! You did an AMAZING job on that playhouse. You son is very blessed.

Also, thank you for sharing. I know how much work it takes to make even small patterns. This must have taken months. I agree with Rachel... I wouldn't doubt that Martha is stalking this post. ;)

blessings,
Val

buy r4i said...

Wow! That's awesome project. I appreciate your great art talent. Really fabulous!
Thanks for its tutorial.

Mandapanda said...

Well, I'm getting started on my own felt play house! My husband suggested making BOTH sides of the corn cob have the weaving. *sigh* So each corn cob took me an hour. I want there to be a ton of removeable stuff, so I'm working on making all of that stuff first. I'm posting on my blog as I make my progress. Thanks so much for the inspiration, ideas, and templates!!

Jealous.Mama said...

This is really cool! I just want to thank you for putting this out there. I'm totally going to make this for my daughter. :) Even though she is just 5 months she will love this later. Thanks again.

Virginia said...

Thanks so much Jill for the inspiration and the templates, I'm making a felt house for my one and a half little girl for Christmas, now racing against time, but I'm sure it will be totally worth it! will post pictures as soon as finished, merry Christmas and congratulations on the new arrival!

PSD To HTML said...

Gorgeous work really very impressive..Thanks for sharing your creative work keep it up...