Happy Friday! To use the following templates from my felt playhouse, right click on the images to save and print as a full 8.5x11 sheet of paper. enjoy :)
- Cut two of each flower.
- Cut one center for each (except tulip).
- Embellish the front of the flower with a felt center, button, etc. Set aside.
- Sew a tube of green felt for the stem. Insert a pipe cleaner for added stability. I folded my pipe cleaners in half and twisted the ends together to keep them from ripping through.
- Sandwich 1/2 inch of stem between the two pieces of flower.
- Sew around the outside edge, leaving an opening for stuffing.
- Stuff flower with polyfill.
- Sew the opening closed.
Can I get away with not posting full instructions for all of the produce? In brief - for each item, cut two. Attach a square of velcro to the back piece if you want it to stick to the playhouse. With both pieces together, sew around the outer edge, leaving an opening for stuffing. Stuff with polyfill. Sew the opening closed. For apple and carrot, insert stem (use a 3 inch piece of ribbon or trim (folded in half) for the apple) before sewing the opening closed. Easy, peasy!
For the corn, cut strips of white and yellow felt and weave into a rectangle, slightly larger than the template. Cut two additional yellow corn pieces using the template. Sew one solid yellow piece to the woven rectangle, going around the outer edge. Trim off excess woven pieces. Layer your woven corn piece with the other yellow corn piece and sew around the outside, leaving an opening for stuffing. Stuff with polyfill and sew opening closed.