Need a last-minute birthday crown? The one Oscar is wearing took 5 steps and less than 30 minutes to make.
- two paper-sized sheets of felt
- approximately 8 inches of elastic (depending on the size of your child's head)
- the usual sewing supplies.
- Using the template below, cut two crown pieces, one circle, and the number of your choice.
- Sew the birthday number to the circle piece. I cut out my circle with pinking shears for a little extra interest.
- Sew your now-numbered circle to the center wave of the crown. Add any other embellishments you'd like - ric rac, ribbon, trim, etc.
- Lay your two crown pieces together, right sides out. Sandwich one end of the elastic between the crown pieces and sew in place. Repeat on the other side. Make sure your elastic is not twisted.
- Sew around the entire outer edge, and you're done! Time to party.