- painted scrabble tiles to make the checker board back splash
- wooden plaques from Michael's for the gas burners
- the cute little scalloped trim on the control plate and shelf (trim also from Michael's)
Melissa and Doug).
So ... still on the kitchen to-do list:
- reinforce the oven door
- make some accessories: dish towels, an apron, maybe a chef's hat
- make massive amounts of felt food (just because it is fun)
- gather/make a few more decorations - maybe a picture to hang over the sink, perhaps a little garland to hang over the shelf
- decide what to do with the other side (opposite the hooks). It is currently bare. I'm considering adding a chalkboard menu.
I didn't bother photographing things step by step or providing instructions for this project, because there is already tons of info out there. If you want to try it yourself, check out the tutorials at Out of the Crayon Box and My Little Gems.