Etsy favorites - kids and babies

My mom flew home to St. Louis this morning, and I drove away from the airport feeling pretty sick.  But, my tears have dried, and I managed to get both kids up to the apartment from the parking lot all by myself.  Oscar is sleeping and I can type one-handed holding the babe.  I keep reminding myself that people have been successfully parenting multiple children for thousands of years. I just might survive this after all! 

I have some craftiness in the works, but it is not quite ready to share.  In the meantime, can I share some of my very favorite etsy shops with you? They are each overflowing with handmade goodness. And since I have personal experience with each shop (either through a purchase or from receiving a gift), I feel confident in giving them each my whole-hearted recommendation.

First up, Ummashin's Goodies - I was first introduced to this shop a little over a year ago.  Hannah makes the most beautiful crocheted hats, headbands, shoes and accessories.  Oscar had the blue and brown brim beanie, and I swear - we could not walk 10 feet down the streets of New York without someone asking us about it. 

Hannah was nice enough to send me some hats and a headband for Ruby when I found out we were having a girl (that's Ruby sporting the headband, which she looks delicious in).  I've since picked up a few extra girly items and have a mighty wish list building.

I am admittedly biased with my sister-in-law's shop, Komfort Kids - but she makes really beautiful blankets.  They are soft flannel on one side and satin on the other, with a coordinating satin border.  I especially love the vintage flannels, like the Moon Walk.

These blankets are so addictive ... I have nieces and nephews approaching 10 years old who still can't part with their blankies.

I started buying from Little Sapling Toys when Oscar was a baby.  He loves his wooden stacker and still plays with it.  My favorites are the wooden teethers, which come in just about every shape imaginable, including your home state.  I really want to get the lacing toy for a nice, quiet church activity.


I shop at Clickity Clack specifically for their assorted wooden cars.  Oscar LOVES them, and you can't beat the price.


Ok, just one more ... I have recently become a huge fan of the headbands in the baby and girls sections of Allora Handmade.  I bought two for Ruby and they are beyond precious.


Have I caused significant damage to your pocketbook yet?  Happy shopping!  :)

21 comments:

Kourtney said...

Everything is soooo cute... including the babe! As a new(er) parent of a 10 month old I always remind myself that a lot of other parents have managed before so whatever seems difficult to me i can do it too! Hope all is well.

jess said...

Jill! Glad you like the headbands! Thank you so much for highlighting my little shop:) Made my day!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

I think you know that I'm a huge Allora fan- but how sweet of you to post about Jess' shop. ;)
I'll have to check the other shops out too.
Thanks Jill!

Danielle said...

I was just wandering around etsy today looking for toys for Christmas presents, thank you so much for these links!

eidolons said...

I have three little boys - the youngest of which will be three months old in a few days. I know exactly how you feel about parenting multiple kids seeming insurmountable at times. When my husband went back to work after our third was born I was sure I'd fall apart. Somehow I've managed, though.

Two years ago we bought a teether and rattle from Little Sapling for our middle child (at the time, our youngest). They both survived him and now belong to the youngest. I can't say enough good things about their products.

I *just* bought a small earth stacker from Clickity Clack a week or two ago. It's for my oldest's eight birthday next month. I haven't even taken it out of it's packaging yet and I already love it.

Clair said...

Aw Jill, sorry your mama had to come home, your loss is definitely our gain. We our happy to have her back but I do wish you could have kept her a little longer. Little Ruby definitely looks delish in that headband!!! I am just loving her chubby cheeks. I hope grandma brings lots of pics to share.

Thanks for sharing your favorite shops. I have been looking for that lacing toy for my niece - she is a little behind on her fine motor skills and that will be perfect for her!

Clair

sjones said...

I know how you feel about parenting multiple kids! I almost started crying when I read what you wrote because I remembered how hard it was after my 2nd and 3rd! I wanted my husband to bring me back to my "mommy" because I was tired of being the mommy, LOL! It does get better I promise, just hang in there!

Cassie said...

These are some of my favs, as well. I just posted about Little Sapling Toys last week, actually. They're so great!

Tempest Ahoy said...

ooOooOOOooh, new etsy shops to explore. <3

Vivian said...

I joined the two children club 4 months ago. It gets easier. And it helps a lot that my son LOVES his new sister! The best moments of my day are when he plays next to her and she just watches him. Having 2 kids is awesome.

hannah said...

Thanks for including my shop in your faves. I'm honored! Happy shopping indeed! Love Little Sapling Toys as well.

Liz said...

Oh my gosh, I immediately just ordered those wooden cars! How great to find a good, wooden toy! Thanks for the link :)

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

I love those toy cars!!! And your sister in laws blankets are beautiful.

I remember having to take my 16 mo and my newborn out of the car and up a flight of stairs to get home all too well. I would get so overwhelmed with 2 babies that I stopped leaving the house by myself for a while.

It gets easier (sort of lol) Now that they are 3 and almost 2 I have a whole new set of craziness going on! In the end it's all a joy (especially when they're both napping at once!)

Enjoy your sweet baby girl!

Margaret in Canada said...

Hello Jill! A lovely post. About managing the babes, I do recall feeling the same way after our "help" (a.k.a. Our Moms) left after their Designated Helping Period. I felt so overwhelmed and helpless. But I promise it gets easier. My kids are now ages 5 and 3, and I can honestly look back and tell you, "This too shall pass" and it will get easier and easier, and better and better!

All the best to you and yours. :)

KaseyQ said...

I've been a "lurker" on your blog for awhile, but thanks so much for these great ideas! My little nephew is turning one soon and his mom is very big on all-natural organic toys. Now I know where to shop!

By the way, I live in Richmond, VA- someone told me that Melanie is your sister- we miss her! :-) Love, love, LOVE your blog. And congratulations on your little princess. Another fun place to spend money on her is www.haloheaven.com. Lots of frilliness there. :-)

Maria said...

Thanks for the wooden car link. They are perfect. It's true, 2 is an adjustment but it gets much better with a little more sleep. Hang in there!

Catalina said...

I live in CA and my mom lives in SC. Sickeningly sad, I agree. Having help is one thing having your mom is something completely different. Hang in there and pray that you two can live closer some day soon!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Oh, she's beautiful! Congratulations and good luck! Love the headband too!
Rebecca@RootsAndWingsCo

Aubrey said...

Congratulations on the baby! I just moved from 1 to 2 myself about 7 weeks ago. It is a challenge! It gets easier. :) Hang in there!

Chelsea said...

Jill- She is beautiful!! Congrats, what a little doll, glad everything went well!! Thanks for the great links. That headband is DARLING!!

Star said...

Thanks for the reminder about Etsy. I had heard about it, but kept forgetting to try finding the site. I sew and needlepoint for fun; you might enjoy seeing one of my needlepoints I made up into an evening bag: http://arsacupicturaestellae.blogspot.com/2010/06/is-there-life-after-cushions-01.html
Thanks for your fun site!
Star