kcwc days 5, 6 & 7


For kcwc sewing days 5 and 6, I worked on a second baby blessing dress (for a friend).  There are just a few finishing touches to do, like sew on the buttons and snaps, hem the skirt, and finish the sash.  Which means ... I should be posting the pattern and tutorial soon.  Yay!


For day 7, I made a pair of Big Butt Baby Pants to coordinate with the floral kimono.  The pattern is by Made By Rae, and is available for purchase HERE.  I love this pattern!  It is really easy and the pants are too cute.  I made the version with the fold-up cuff.



Phew ... the Kids Clothes Week Challenge was inspiring and motivating, but a real challenge.  All that sewing!  I had trouble sticking to just one hour a night (once I start a project I just go, go, go).  So while I don't think I'll keep up this pace, this challenge really helped me get back into a sewing groove, and I have all these new ideas swimming around in my head.  And stacks of fabric that need attention.
Thanks, Elsie, for the motivation!  I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

8 comments:

Newburgh Restoration said...

those are adorable! I love the kimono top even MORE with the pants! Too cute!

skyturtle said...

Those pants are so awesome! And the fabric choice is brilliant.

Jessica said...

Those pants look really cute with the shirt. I agree, it was really fun and challenging to participate in the clothes week.

justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

Lise said...

Beautiful outfit!! I look forward to seeing the dress when it's finished.

My Little Cupcake said...

That little kimono outfit is adorable! Can't wait to see the finished little dress. I am exhausted after all the sewing I did for the KCWC too!

Sarah said...

I just wanted to see if you have used the pants with a cloth diapered baby and what you think? I am looking for a pattern to make some for my daughter and was wondering if they were generous enough? Any comments??

Thanks!

Sarah
www.teammet.blogspot.com

Jill @ homemade by jill said...

Sorry, Sarah - I don't use cloth diapers, so I can't comment on that. But the pants seem pretty roomy to me.

Rae said...

oh DUDE. !!! I died when I saw the floral kimono the other day, but now w/ the pants? It's just too cute. i heart that fabric. And thanks so much for linking up to my pattern, that was really sweet of you.