disneyland outfits for the girls

We did two days of Disneyland, so of course, Ruby needed two days of outfits.  I already showed you the Belle Dress.  I was sad because we never ran into Belle for a photo.  Better luck next time!

For the second day, we dropped the Disney princess stuff and went for full-on FUN.  Because looking like a polka dot explosion is completely acceptable at Disneyland (actually, if you are a baby it is acceptable anytime).

T-shirt dresses are easy-peasy.  All you do is add a few inches of fabric to the bottom of a t-shirt.  I also like a little gather, so I cut the fabric 1.5 times the width of the t-shirt.  The length of the skirt can vary - I think Ruby's skirt was about 4 inches long after hemming, and her cousin's was about 6 inches long.  The flower was made using a Make It and Love It tutorial.

Of course, the girls needed coordinating leggings (pattern by Lil' Blue Boo).

Ruby's cousin is a big Minnie/Mickey fan.  Minnie's face was made with the Silhouette heat transfer.  Before cutting, I edited out her bow so I could add my own fabric bow to match the skirt.

Ruby was a real trooper all through Disneyland.  Her favorite stop was definitely the little petting zoo in Frontierland.  She would grab the goats' ears and laugh hysterically.  I love big baby laughs.  Oh, and did I mention that Oscar rode the Matterhorn?  He was one tough cookie.


Hurray for Disneyland!  I really do love it.  I'm sure you are sick of hearing about it, so back to non-disney crafts next week.  :)

24 comments:

nicky said...

I have been loving your shirts/outfits for your Disney trip! We just returned from Disney World, and I used my Silhouette to whip up a couple shirts the night before we left. (Luckily, my husband supports my Silhouette habit, so didn't mind me stopping mid-pack to pull them together!)

While not as detailed as yours, the kids still looked adorable in them!

http://bluebirdandtheboy.blogspot.com/2011/03/silhouetteyes-more.html

Thanks for sharing your kids' looks! I enjoy your blog! :)

Diana Smith said...

WOW these are sooo cute! You are amazing!

steelebjm said...

We were just at the Disneyland petting zoo today. Those are some of the calmest goats I have ever met!

Tristin @ Two Girls Being Crafty said...

We live by Disneyworld and my babe is almost 2 and we still haven't been brave enough to tackle it...

Kudos to you for not only going with TWO kiddos, but also for making cuh-yoot outfits for the adventure!

Polly @ Helping Little Hands said...

Those are darling! So glad you had a good time.

Taylor {Sew Much Love} said...

Really cute outfits!! I have that polka dot shirt from old navy for my daughter too, it reminds me of sprinkles! I never thought of making it into a dress!

Natalie said...

I was just about to make something just like the Minnie one for my little girls and our Disneyland habit!

Sara vs. Sarah said...

love these projects; they are so cute! the belle dress out of t-shirt fabric is SO SMART! love the color combo for the minnie outfits; that aqua dot is one of my faves! -sara

Jenifer said...

Those are the cutest outfits!

BECKY said...

cutest. seriously the cutest. i bet people were oohing and awwing over the outfits and looking for one to get in the gift shop.

Tinea said...

These are so cute!!!
This little Ruby is lucky!!

meg + andy said...

Are you kidding?! who could possibly get sick of hearing about this "explosion" of cuteness?! :) i love the little outfits- they are absolutely adorable and so fun. Thanks for sharing!
meg

Genevieve said...

i love those outfits!! so cute. and i wanted to let you know that i posted about your maternity skirt tutorial again on my blog. thanks for sharing all your awesome stuff!

http://vievesscrapbooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/maternity-skirt-refashion.html

Wani said...

We're waiting til our youngest gets a little older before we go to Disney but I already can hardly wait! I want to do all the princess stuff with my baby girl!!

Linda said...

There can NEVER be too much DISNEYLAND! I love, love, love Ruby's outfits (and her cousin's.) So adorable!

angie said...

We just moved to SoCal and we're taking our girls in late summer. These outfits are soo cute.

Brittany said...

Cute dresses! I'm sorry you didn't run into Belle. Did you try asking a cast member where and when you might see her?

Amber said...

WAY TOO CUTE !!!

Thanks for sharing :)

Lettie said...

How adorable are these?! What a great idea. And I think, if I remember right, our babies are just weeks apart from each other (though yours has way more hair!)

Letillia said...

LOVE IT!! You have done such a GRAT job on All the outfits! I am just learning how to sew and seeing all these ADORABLE outfits have made me want to keep going and not get FRUSTRATED!! Thank You for Inspiration! I am now following you!

divaof5.blogspot.com

meeks said...

I just LOVE how you make your own original outfits for the kids!
I also love that they are relatively simple, so we could "potentially" try and make one too.
Thanks for including the links for the patterns.

Georgine said...

Hi, did you buy the Minnie face from the Silhouette site? Or is it something you found on the web and used? Thanks for any help. I love that you used non-traditional Minnie colors. We are visiting Disney soon, and maybe my 1.5 year old would like this (that is if I get the Tinkerbell costumes made first). Thanks!!!!

homemade by jill said...

Georgine,

I found the Minnie face graphic online and imported it to Silhouette. I actually used a Mickey face and edited in Minnie's eyes, so I could have plain ears and add my own fabric bow. Hope that makes sense. :) I just edited it in Microsoft Paint ... nothing fancy.

Good luck with your projects, and have fun at Disney!

Georgine said...

Jill, thanks so much. I'll give it a try!