invites and envelopes

My little brother got married last month and I was able to help make invites and menus for the family dinner the night before the wedding.


The dinner was held at a restaurant located on The Hill in St. Louis, a historic Italian neighborhood loaded with delicious places to eat.  Favazza's calls itself "The Rose of the Hill," so my mom asked me to create something to go with the rose theme.

I used my Silhouette machine and the digital software to create the invitations and dinner menus.  I loved the convenience of not having to do any measuring and cutting by hand, but you definitely could do it without a machine.  On the invitation, the rose was a delicate cut-out, so the red backing showed through.

I used the L Letterpress to monogram the envelopes with silver ink.  So simple, but adds a nice touch!

16 comments:

Fiorella said...

... molto raffinati, tutto interessante come sempre ... ciao ciao Fiorella

Emily said...

Gorgeous!!

Jen said...

Those are so lovely - simple and gorgeous. Love the curly red font and the rose cutout.

Margaret @ Konstant Kaos said...

Elegant combination of colours and effects. I'm itching to play around with a letterpress, but I am often put off by the small size of the units verses the investment $$.

S said...

Fan freakin tastic!!!!!!
Stop making me want a letter press set!!!

Red de rOuge said...

So nice!

I give you a stylish blogger award, come to my blog for details ;-)

Jaclyn said...

So lovely! I'm getting married in October and Just bought the L letterpress so I could make my Invitations as well!

Carla Anne said...

Yummmm, The Hill. Hank works down there and enjoys the yummy food down there often. Beautiful invites!

Cheryl said...

It is really amazing what talent and some great tools can do, you did such a beautiful job on these! I tumbled you on my tumblr :)

This is a Project

Leah said...

I love the font their names are in. Could you post what font that is? Beautiful!!!

Ms. Chan said...

How beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

I'm coming out of lurking to make a comment! ;)

Do you live in STL? As soon as I read the part about The Hill, my ears perked up because I thought maybe you live in the same town as me!

homemade by jill said...

I'm in California now, but I was born and raised in STL. Great town. :)

Gaye said...

Love your blog! Just found it through Pinterest! I have to admit that I'm a font hog! What is the beautiful font you used for the names!

homemade by jill said...

I downloaded the font from the Silhouette store, and it was called SNF Infinity Bold. Hope that helps!

Custom Business Cards said...

I remember your post on Dow cards. This is timely because I am planning DL Envelopes right now. And thanks for you post!