spring kcwc day 1


Here are the results from last night's Kid's Clothing Week Challenge efforts - a little peasant top and leggings for Ruby.

The top was made from the Sweet Little Dress pattern by Leila and Ben.  I shortened it to tunic length and left the elastic off the sleeves to change things up a bit.  The fabric is Amy Butler's Lotus Wall Flower in cherry.

The leggings are a Lil' Blue Boo pattern, which I lengthened, widened to a straight leg, and added decorative buttons at the ankles.  A very fast pattern was made even easier by reusing an old pair of yoga pants, so I didn't even have to hem them.  I love that.

Also, this photo is courtesy of my new camera, which arrived just this afternoon (yay!).  Thanks for all the camera advice.  I stuck with my trusty Canon PowerShot, but upgraded to the SX130 IS.  I have only tested it a little bit so far, but it seems great!  Sorry to disappoint you SLR diehards ... I just can't face the thought of one right now.  I already haul two kids and an overloaded diaper bag everywhere I go ... I don't have the strength for a camera bag, too!  :)

13 comments:

Mouse said...

I love that fabric. What is it?

medina family said...

great choice on the camera!! I agree that lugging an SLR around can be a pain. Beautiful pics already and such cute clothes, too!

Samantha said...

I love the Leila and Ben pattern. I have made so many of them for family and friends little ones. I have always stuck with the pattern so far, you have inspired me to mix things up a bit and I love the tunic in the Lotus Wall flower. So Summery.

Michelle said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the touch the buttons add to the pants. Thanks for sharing!

hannah said...

I love everything about this...the perfect spring ensemble!

D & H said...

So cute! I LOVE that style of shirt. Great picture with the new camera!

Amy said...

that shirt is ADORABLE!!! love how you say you used a certain pattern, but then you changed everything :O) you do such a beautiful job!!

Cecilia said...

Cute outfit! If I could photograph that well without an SLR I wouldn't buy one either, I'm impressed!

Rach said...

LOVE. I have been waiting patiently for Leila and Ben to upsize their pattern. Any day now, and I can be sewing one for my rather tall 4-year-old. Yippee!

Louisa said...

I love the button detail!

DomesticatedMama said...

So cute! I made a peasant dress for my daughter yesterday! So easy to make and great for the summer :)

http://thedomesticatedmama.blogspot.com/

Andrea said...

Beyond adorable!!

Susan @ Living with Punks said...

Love! That fabric is knockin' my socks off. I'm sure it's adorable on the girly :)