another casserole carrier

My sister's birthday rolled around last week, and a casserole carrier was an easy gift choice (she put in a request back in January).  I made the same alterations to the 2 Little Hooligans pattern as the first batch, but also rounded the corners on both of the main pieces (trace a CD at the corner for an easy template) and added piping.

The inside flap is like 4 inches too long for a regular pack of piping, so I didn't sew in there (my laziness is showing through here, but who wants to piece in a tiny bit of piping?  not me).  The outside flap, however, is just the right length for one pack of store-bought piping - perfect!  I love (like, really love) piping.

So happy birthday to Melanie, the best sister and friend a girl could ask for.  I love you!

14 comments:

Deborah H. Bateman said...

That is so cute. Thanks for sharing your crativity with us. I love the colors. What beautiful girls you two are. Happy Birthday to your Sis!

Lil Mama Stuart said...

gorgeous fabric!

Sara :-) said...

What a beautiful picture of you and Melanie!!! I love your blog! Keep it coming ;-)

Kasey @ The Beautiful Thrifty Life said...

I saw the picture of Melanie and her casserole cover on her facebook page! So pretty!! Who knew casseroles could be so stylish? ;-)

Stacey said...

Oh, what a great friend you are. I've always wanted a casserole cover. No really, I totally do. Now if I could just get off my duff and attempt to sew one.

The Henrich Family said...

LOVE IT. Thanks Jill, YOU are the BEST.

Caryn Allen said...

Was this picture of you two taken in Saint Louis?

April @ Sewing Novice said...

Very cute fabric and you both are GORGEOUS!

Vanessa said...

a CD! That's perfect! I can't ever find the RIGHT object! Thanks! haha!

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

I love lazy sewing! Ha ha.

And your sister has a truly awesome name, and birthday week. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric!! Where did you get it?

Melissa said...

I love casserole covers, this one is so pretty!

2littlehooligans said...

oh i love how you used the piping! and that fabric is beautiful! thanks for giving my tutorial so much love:)

Kate said...

Your dress is gorgeous! I wish I had one just like it, especially with that coral shrug. :)