beach robe pattern by MADE

Have you seen Dana's new Beach Robe Pattern over at MADE?  It is fabulous, as her patterns always are - tons of photos, clear instructions, extra useful information.


I had the privilege of  being a pattern tester and made robes for Oscar and Ruby.  Between the two, I used almost every variation - short sleeve, long sleeve, full tie, half tie, lined hood, un-lined ... the Beach Robe pattern has lots of ways to customize.

Oscar chose a solid blue towel with an embossed shark print.  At first it wasn't my favorite, but then a friend suggested I embroider one of the sharks and now I LOVE it.  It totally made the robe.


My favorite part about this pattern is the fast construction - I was able to make Oscar's robe (minus the embroidery) in a little over 2 hours, including cutting the fabric.

Ruby is just cute as a button in her robe.  I made the bias tape from a Riley Blake's Pink Summer Stripe.  Note to self ... a diagonal stripe print makes horizontal stripe bias tape (duh!).


Get the Beach Robe Pattern HERE.

14 comments:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Ha, here I was wondering how the heck you got the stripe to go on those curves so well! Hee hee.

They are awesome, though, I love 'em.

Polkadotjes said...

Love the shark robe! How genius.

boomie said...

Love them both, but that shark, that's just too cool!

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

Ah, now I really want this pattern! I love the shark robe!!

Dale and Sarah said...

So cute! Love the colors!

Rebecca said...

I saw your robes in the Flickr pool. They are my favorite! Do you mind sharing where you found the shark towel? It's just what I'm looking for to make my son a robe. :)

homemade by jill said...

Rebecca - I found the towel at Ross, and unfortunately I have no idea what brand it is. :( Sorry!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Sooo CUTE... Your robes turned out adorable and I LOVE the shark embroidered on your sons!

Sabrina said...

those are awesome!

bethanndodd said...

Just adorable!!!

dana said...

Okay, really funny that you mentioned the stripes...because last week I looked at your pics and though, How did she get those stripes to be horizontal on the bias? haah! thanks for sharing your secret!

And thanks again for your help. They both turned out great. And fun idea with the shark! Never would have thought of that.

I'll be sharing everyone's creations tomorrow!

The Henrich Family said...

they look great Jill. Now, go use them at the beach!!!!

Anonymous said...

I sure wish you'd slow down with all your projects!! Everything I see you do, I want to do!! I just found your blog a few months ago, and I'm barely on the Advent Calendar!! I'm making four for this Christmas and I'm almost half way finished. Love, love, love everything you do! I'm just filing a lot away for later.

YY

Amber said...

Do you think the pattern is easy enough for a beginner? I really don't have much experience sewing, should I try an easier pattern? These are too cute!!