superhero snack pack

My father-in-law is celebrating a birthday next week, but he'll be off on a 3 week road trip.  We decided to send him off well-equipped with plenty of fun snacks.


I used Jordan Ferney's Superhero Supply labels and packed a box full of all our favorite Trader Joe's goodies.  Oscar believes his grandpa can do anything (if something is broken, "grandpa can fix it!"), so this was a fun gift to put together.   Jordan's labels were originally designed for a Father's Day gift, but I think it works for any guy-gift occasion! 


I used my Silhouette to make a fun pop-up birthday cake card.  Love you, Silhouette! 


Oscar really wanted to make his grandpa a rocket ship for his birthday, so we dove into the world of toilet paper roll crafts for the first time.  He is surprisingly good with a glue stick.


Can you tell how proud he was?  His project was almost too precious to him to give up, so I sense more rockets in our future.

10 comments:

Amanda Joy said...

That is such a cute picture, to see how excited he is for a rocket ship:)

Stephanie said...

Cute gift and I love Oscar's shirt! ;-)

G-mama said...

Great gift ideas!

Morgan said...

My son also believes that Grandpa can fix anything! How adorable. Love the rocket ship! Those are one of my son's newest obsessions!

g8rmaria said...

did you make the card with your silhouete?

bagfashionista said...

now i really really want a silhouette in my life. That card is awesome!!

and your little boy's eyes are soooooooo blue!!! They are beautiful!!! He's going to knock the girls over when he's older!

Margaret in Canada said...

Awesome gift! You have such talent, Jill. Oscar certainly has picked up the creative gene: that rocket ship is amazing! And Oscar is such a beautiful boy; such beautiful blue eyes! And that smile!

Thanks for your continued posts - after running around after my 2 little boys all day, I love to sit down after they're in bed and just read some uplifting stuff online like your blog.

Stupendous ideas!

Ashley (A Sew Chic Boutique) said...

Cute idea!

I am a new follower and I would love if you came and followed me back at A Sew Chic Boutique!

The Awakened Heart said...

What a gorgeous present idea and what an even more gorgeous wee boy.

Steffi said...

Hi. Greetings. This post is really good and blog is really interesting. It gives good details.


Gift Ideas For Boy