getting settled

Are you still with me?  Sorry for the prolonged absence ... we moved to a new place over the weekend and life has felt very crazy.

The kids were busy scaling mountains of boxes in our old apartment ...

And I have been busily trying to get us unpacked and settled at the new house.  It is a lot of work!

Luckily, we have a pretty little backyard to explore, excavate, and keep little ones entertained.

We are all really tired, and more than just a little bit cranky, but this is how Oscar (all of us really) feels about our new digs:

Yesterday, Jared and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary.  Aren't we cute?
I was a child-bride, only 20 years old, and I thought Jared was spectacular.  Still do.  I love you, sweetie!

Check back tomorrow to see what I contributed to Lil Blue Boo's, What Would You Make series.

17 comments:

lifeinredshoes said...

Are you still in Santa Barbara?

Cara said...

Oy, moving is such hard work. Good luck getting settled! It took me months this last time, and my sewing room was last to be finished. (Don't be like me; its bad for the mental health.)

BECKY said...

beautiful wedding pic! congrats!!

Caryn Allen said...

Heyyyy! I got married in that temple, too!

kendascrafts said...

congrats on the new place and your anniversary! May I ask where you found your son's excavator? My son would LOVE that!

Jen E @ mommablogsalot said...

Congrats on the new house and on celebrating your anniversary!

Emily said...

Happy anniversary and congrats on the new place!

Tara said...

Just discovered your blog and I LOVE your creations!! I am getting lots of Christmas present ideas from you! Good luck in your new place! And Happy Anniversary!

Chiara said...

Congratulations!

Tanya said...

Happy anniversary! Hope the unpacking goes well!

Kim said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and I have to ask which temple is that? I am racking my brain and can't think of it! I am sure I will feel stupid when I find out :)

Kisha said...

we 'just' moved about 10 months ago and we are far from "all moved in" but it has progressed. I'm constantly reminded of a quote my aunt used to say all the time. "How do you eat and elephant? One bite at a time"

good luck with settling in.

seriouslysassymama.com said...

I am always in awe of people who get married younger than most. I never could have done it. Congrats on 8 years.

likeschocolate said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and congratulations on your new home.

embee said...

congrats on your anniversary! looks like we share an anniversary. my husband and i were married 8 years ago on the 16th as well!! :)

Kiasa said...

Hooray for happy anniversaries! Hooray for new digs! Hooray for backyards!!!!!!!

Kate said...

Our anniversaries are so close! Ours is the 14th, but it'll only be 4 years this year, so you're ahead of us. Congrats! What a pretty temple too...ours is the San Diego temple. :)