1. LOTS of ruffles - the more the better
2. vibrant color, especially red
3. pretty flowers
check, check and ... check. Mission accomplished!
- The bloomers were made using Ruffle Fabric in Candy Cane and Dana's Perfect Diaper Cover pattern. Before I sewed any seams, I serged all the cut edges of my Ruffle Fabric. It really helped those wily ruffles stay in place and I didn't have to pin nearly as much.
- I made the top from part of a men's t-shirt, using guidelines from Dana's Summer Vacation Dress pattern (notice a trend here? I may have a favorite blogger).
- The flower on the top and hair clip are made from the same t-shirt. I cut long strips of connected scallops, and hand stitched them together in circular layers.
I'm off to eat copious amounts of churros. Have a great weekend!