WWYM: mommy & me pajama pants

I'm excited to post today about a project I made for Lil Blue Boo's, What Would You Make series!  Ashley sent several bloggers two yards of a gorgeous floral print, and we were allowed to use it however we liked.  I loved the freedom of the challenge.

Does your fabric ever speak to you?  When I opened Ashley's lovely package, the pretty print told me it wanted to become pajama pants ... a pair for me, and a pair for baby Ruby.


I used a Made by Rae's Big Butt Baby Pants pattern for Ruby's pants and drafted a pattern for the mama-sized pj's from a pair I already owned.  For a comfy waistband on my pants, I opted for elastic thread.  There may need to be some adjustments here, since when I was attempting a little photo session, Ruby kept repeatedly pantsing me.  Apparently, a shirred waist is a little too flexible for my lifestyle with two busy toddlers.

Sweet pajamas, just like my girl.



Check out what the other talented bloggers made with this beautiful fabric:
Fabric Coasters by Ashley Ann of Under a Sycamore
Little Girl Romper by Ashley of Make It & Love It
Art on the Go kit by Julie of Joy's Hope

Visit Lil Blue Boo for a chance to win two yards of this gorgeous fabric.  What would you make?

28 comments:

Kandy Roo said...

hello.. my name is racehl and i see that you are very crafty.. i am nowhere nere as crafty as you and you make it look easy...lol but me and my sis in law have recenly starting making hand made bows if you would like to check it out.. we have a facebook page. Kandy Roo's Bows

Катаринка said...

Как это мило ! ))))

Anita said...

So beautiful! Great idea!

Sarita said...

A clever way to use the fabric! Very pretty.

Amber said...

I can't believe how much Ruby looks just like Oscar! They are too cute!

caralyn said...

I'm swooning over this fabric, and it made gorgeous jammies - you're right! so sweet & clean & simple. I really love the cuff along the bottom too - it was a nice touch!

Mary Stringham said...

Those are so cute, and Ruby is gorgeous! I may have to dust off my sewing machine and give these a try!

Steph said...

Adorable pjs! You do such a great job dreaming up projects!

nasagreen said...

Haha, I am reading the comments. Don't know if you read russian, but I *think* that one says "That is so cute!"

I love love love this one. By the way, I just posted a link about a great deal on I See Me! books :)

nasagreen said...

scratch that, she meant "it is lovely!"

Tori said...

I really love this! And they look so comftorable! Pjs are on my to sew list but I have been putting it off because I was a little intimidated but now I think I will go through with it!

Lil Mama Stuart said...

love chubby baby feet!

Phoenix Rising said...

I want those. In that exact fabric. SO calming and cozy!

Kim said...

I love it!

Allie said...

These are so stinking cute. The picture of your little one looking up at you is so precious. :)

Natasha said...

Super cute!! I just kept thinking, why the heck didn't I think of that!? I'm off to make Sam, Soph & me some immediately.

RobyGiup said...

Hi Jill, I found your blog following the WWYM on LilBlueBoo: I think you had a great idea for that fabric: you and your baby look so cute in your matching pajama pants!!! :)

asnipofgoodness said...

That fabric screams PJ pants to me too, love it! Your idea for the comfy waist was genius too! Love that you match your baby :). Great project, love yours best!

EmK said...

I think these are awesome, soooo cute. How you picked just one thing to make I will never know. Usually when I get new fabric there are so many ideas ramming around in my head I can never decide on just one. Great job!

Hanna said...

Just have to say, i love your blog!!!!

aimee jones said...

I am working on a dress that involves shirring at the top and I am having the hardest time!! It doesn't seem to be getting tight enough. Do you have any tips you could share with me? Thanks!

likeschocolate said...

Love these!

Charles said...

love these, so cute and what lovely fabric!!

craftytammie said...

they are lovely! and i had to laugh, i wore a shirred waist skirt today and my 12 month old deskirted me while i was washing dishes! thank goodness we were alone.

Joii C. said...

Oh my gosh. That is adorable. I love it.

Post-it Note said...

I have the same trouble w/ a shirred skirt I wear!

Mr. Martial Arts said...

A clever way to use the fabric!

Lisbei said...

Oh, your pajama are really beautiful ... and your little one so pretty and cute !