vinyl wipes case template

You asked for it, so here it is ... a template to make your own vinyl-decorated wipes case.



Supplies needed:
  • Hard plastic travel wipes case (my template is made to fit the Huggies brand cases)
  • Cut vinyl, contact paper, or scrapbook paper and mod podge - I'm going to show you how I used the vinyl
  • scotch tape
  • scissors
  • wipes case template
First, print and cut out the pdf template (please select the "fit to printable area" option to get the correct sizing).   Get the template HERE.

Prepare your vinyl - I used my Silhouette machine to cut a design (for Silhouette users, this design is called "Butterfly Floral Lace Square").  You could also buy pre-cut vinyl, cut it by hand, or substitute pretty contact paper (there are some great contact paper patterns out there these days).  In my last post, a reader suggested using scrapbook paper and mod podging it to the wipes case.  I've never tried this, but I'm sure it would work!

Lay the template pieces on top of the vinyl, and using small pieces of scotch tape to hold them in place. 

Cut around each template to get one back piece and two front pieces.

Apply the vinyl to the wipes case, according to the material's instructions.  If you are using an intricately cut design, I would strongly recommend using transfer paper.

I used some of the leftover scraps to apply little pieces to the center case flap.

Make sure you firmly adhere the vinyl to the case, smoothing down all corners, and you're done!  Enjoy your one-of-a-kind wipes case.


And one more time ... here's another link for the wipes case template, in case you missed it.  :)

Pin It

p.s.  if you want to buy a vinyl decorated wipes case, check out Starr Designs on etsy.  She makes a variety of decorated and personalized wipes cases, including this butterfly lace design.

20 comments:

Lori Thompson said...

What a cute, fun idea! Thanks for sharing!!

Country Mouse said...

I love this idea! Gonnna have to try this for sure!!! ;)

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

So much faster than fabric... thanks for the template, Jill!

crochetBlogger said...

Beautiful. What a fun craft for you to share!

Jan said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for posting this tutorial! I can't wait to make one!

bethanndodd said...

Thanks,Jill!! I am excited to make a few for my cousin.
Smiles
~Beth

tinajo said...

Great idea and looks just as great! :-)

Kate said...

That's adorable. What a great gift idea. Perfect addition to a baby shower basket. I think they'd be a perfect shower favor too. Not to time consuming and really affordable. Thank you for sharing.

Wag Doll said...

What a great idea and it looks fab!

Kassie said...

Thank You!

anngardner said...

love this idea. To make it even easier, you could make a vector shape and have your silhouette cut the outside shapes too!

r4 said...

What a fun craft for you to share. Can 't wait to do soon. Your shared idea will helps me to pass great weekend. I think gift paper and glitters will best for covering on it.

Angela said...

Very cute! I am trying to figure out how you cut such a big square with your silhouette though.

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

just got a silhouette, having a boy in april...must do this! Thanks for the template!

Megan L said...

So, so funny. I found an old but unopened case in the nursery last night (left over from my first baby) and thought, "this would be a great project for my Silhoutte! I bet there is a template out there..." Sure enough... :) Thanks for sharing!!!

Toby and Tammy said...

so cute! love these

Marie Corbin said...

WELL Thanks! I have been trying to talk myself out of the silhouette and you give me one more reason to want it! ;-) I love this and you blog is great!

Anonymous said...

Do you sell them?? :)

Anjanette Murray said...

I love your blog and have included this project in my latest post. Hope you can drop by. http://puddledockway.weebly.com/blog.html
Cheers Anjanette.

MamaCabe said...

I received a wipes case like this for a baby shower gift! I love the personality that it gives to something so simple. I have a commercial vinyl machine (Vinyl Express R Series) and cut with Sure Cuts A Lot. Do you have any information that you would be willing to share about where to get designs like "Butterfly Floral Lace Square" since I don't have a Silhouette Cutter?