chevron bow clutch

I'm experiencing a rare moment where all my children are sleeping (huzzah!), so here's to having a few minutes of uninterruped computer time (insert sigh of relief here).


I saw this little clutch on Pinterest and it jumped to the top of my to-sew list.  The tutorial can be found over at blog Elm Street Life, and since this is the first sewing tutorial Whitney's ever written, I think it is safe to say we will see fabulous things from her.


This one was for my friend's birthday, and now have a bit of bag envy (there's a lot of that going on around here lately.  I recently made Ruby a purse and have severe bag envy.  Nothing that can't be remedied).


The only small changes I made were to add zipper end tabs (a la noodlehead), and add a little inside pocket.  I made a second one in different fabric and left off the bow - big mistake.  The bow makes it 10,000 times cuter.  Trust me.


That's all for today!  Hope you're having a happy Tuesday.

22 comments:

{amy k.} said...

i adore this!

Whitney Lane said...

You made my day!! I LOVE your clutch (and your beautiful blog) and am so excited you tried it out! :) Thanks so much!!

Amanda and AJ said...

LOVE anything with bows. Super cute!

chris said...

I agree...the bow makes all the difference. Off to see her tutorial.

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Wow. I know what my nightly project is tonight! I love it. And I'm jealous all three kids were sleeping at the same time. That would be glorious!

kristin said...

oooo so pretty! i just made a chevron clutch too, and i think we used the same fabric! fun! :)

Vanessa Traylor said...

It's really adorable! You're right the bow does make it 10x cuter!

Laura said...

Very cute!! Love the chevrons. :)

M-J said...

Love it! The chevron pattern is really cool, and love the contrasting zip. Might try this out as one of my first sewing projects!

nasagreen said...

So wonderful, I just wish I could get a handle on zippers. Mine never look as neat as yours. Thanks for posting!!!!

Jennie Holt said...

This is adorable!! where did you get that fabric from? i love it!!

Nadi said...

great:)
i love it

Nadi said...

sooo sweet :)
very great, i love it
maybe i´ll try it too??
Nadi

Raysha said...

Such a cute clutch!

http://lexmallabooks.com/

Sewing for Utange said...

Thank you for posting the link to this.

I was nominated for the 7x7 Link Award. I've passed on the award to you. Here's the post with the details...
http://sewingforutange.blogspot.com/2012/03/7x7-awards.html
I hope you have time to join in, but will understand fully if you don't!
Caroline

Nancy said...

Cute! Where did you get the fabric?

Rebekah B. said...

SO cute! I'm echoing the above comment... where did you get your fabric?

A and M said...

I'm so so happy I was the friend! I use it all the time and I've had some requests from family & friends who want one too.

Kate said...

Oh, this is sooo cute! Great fabric choice and a very nice gift for my friend. Thanks for inspiration again, will definitely try this, too!
Linked you with this article

Best wishes, Kate

Resmi... said...

Hi Jill, what I loved the most about the clutch is that contrasting zipper. Lovely! And the bow also. :-)
Good day! :-)

Love,
Resmi

sweetestthings said...

I love the clutch! It's something that would come in handy for me! I'd love to make a few for me and a few to give away as gifts:)

p.s. love your blog:):)

Yvonne Kirby said...

Thank you for sharing about this information. That's nice and interesting, I like it.
vacation rental near disney world