happy valentine's day!

Hi friends!  Sorry I haven't been around much lately.  You know how some bloggers seem to be able to have a baby and barely skip a beat posting?  I am obviously not one of of those bloggers.

Having three small children is challenging for me, testing both my patience and my time management skills (I have very little of either).  And while Cora is evolving into a delightful baby, I find that I just don't have as much time for things.  I can squeeze in some sewing, or fit in a few minutes to blog, but not both.  Maybe that will change in the coming months?  I hope so.

Anyway, late last night I made some little valentines for the kids to pass out at their playgoup today.  I realize I'm too late to help you out with valentine ideas this year, but maybe you can file these away (pin them away?) for next year.


We opted for non-food valentines.  Oscar gave his friends bubbles with a tag that read, "Valentine, you make my heart float!" (idea from Dollar Store Crafts).  I found Miracle Bubble party packs (6 bottles) at CVS for $4 and made the tags with my Silhouette machine (the font is SNF School Yard).  Quick and easy!  The kids loved them.



For the little ladies, I made a handful of felt heart hairpins and a cute little valentine girl to clip them to.  I saw the idea a while back on Stitch/Craft.  I even used the same clip art she mentions in her post, but used microsoft paint to edit the face a bit (I actually used two clip art faces and traded a few facial features).


The felt heart clips right onto the girl's headband, and the valentine is on the back.  It was cute to see all the girls running around in their matching clips.  I sported one myself!


I hope you had a special day with your loved ones!  Speaking of loved ones, look how big this one is getting ...

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss your posts but I so understand how busy you are! We will only appreciate your new post more! Lovely valentine ideas by the way.

Stephanie said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Your blog has been the source of so much inspiration and help to me! I totally get it, though--the whole new baby and lack of time thing. I have four children 6 and under and am always amazed when I manage to squeeze a sewing project in! Of course, it does get a little easier as they grow and sleep through the night and nurse more regularly (if you nurse), etc. ;-) (Just trying to be encouraging!)

Enjoy your sweet little girl, and thanks for sharing your cute V-day gifts. Love them!

McKenna C. said...

She is adorable! All of your children are of course, but that is just a great picture of Cora!

http://chiccrafting.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

I, too, get it! I agree with the other comments -- love your ideas and will continue to enjoy them once in a while. I have 4 kids, 4 and under, with the youngest just 5 weeks old. It is completely overwhelming about 80% of the time! Good luck and here's to hoping it gets easier. :)

Tammy said...

I don't usually comment on blogs, but your baby is so cute!!! Fun valentine ideas!

BECKY said...

keep lovin' those babes. :)

holly said...

As a longtime reader of your blog,I'm so happy to see that you were inspired by my clip art/ hair clip idea! Your version is adorable! I love it.

Sweat Style said...

Adorable, especially love the bubbles valentine. I have two and can barely find time to post so I can only imagine with three! Congrats again on Cora, I so love that name.

Janet said...

Cute ideas and darling baby! Can you tell me what font you used on these? I love it!

Lizzie said...

Ahh, Cora is beautiful! In fact, all three of those little guys are gorgeous.
What lovely Valentines you made - and talking of having little spare time, I am soooo impressed that you managed the Valentines at all - and then blogging on top!
Three little children are definitely very hard work. I'm not surprised you have little time spare for blogging. Still, it's worth trying to write the odd special post - it will give you things to look back on in a couple of years' time, when they are all bigger and you want to remember "how it was then" (now!).

Mary Karlee Mullen said...

I was browsing on pinterest and saw the cute hair clippies my girls scored. What a fun surprise. I am impressed you can keep up with it all with your little ones undertow. When I had baby number three, productivity pretty much ended. I'm glad to have discovered your blog.

Mary Karlee

Rachel Q said...

I think those are great ideas. I abhor all the candy my kids come home with on Valentines Day. And Easter. And Halloween. And...you get the picture.

nasagreen said...

Glad you posted, your kids are so cute. Wonderful ideas for Valentines. I've been needing some projects to break in my brand new Cameo....still haven't hooked it up to my PC yet!

Rae said...

I just want to say that the reason I really love your blog so much is because you ARE a real person who doesn't post every day with a new baby, which I think makes alot of people (or at least me) feel defeated by comparison. I'm so glad you're here when you are, and I always love reading!!!

Anonymous said...

Im new to this but I found your blog today about ragged burp clothes. Im going to try them for my daughter who is expecting. I feel for you with 3 little ones. Been there done that. Time goes so fast!

Salmi said...

That is just great picture's card.....
Plastic Card
Plastic Cards

Janiepip said...

How gorgeous is your baby, thank you for sharing your pics. Love jane xx