felt doily hair clips

I totally dropped the ball for kcwc over the weekend.    No new kids clothes were sewn, but I did make a few hair accessories.  Does that count?


Until now, I have only really used my Epic 6 for letterpress projects.  It was time to see what she could do with die cuts.  I used the nesting doily circles die and nesting circles die to cut felt for these cute hair clips.  I recommend using wool or wool-blend felt, and passing the die cut through the Epic a 3-4 times for a nice, clean cut.


After adding a bit of embroidery to the felt cut outs, I covered a plain alligator clip with coordinating ribbon. Then I hot-glued the pieces together for a perfectly sweet little clip.  They look really cute in my girls' hair, and not so bad on big girls, either!


As always, use the code HOMEMADE for 20% off your order at Lifestyle Crafts.

13 comments:

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

these are adorable, I love the felt doilies! And that embroidered touch is just gorgeous.

Christina said...

So sweet!

laurajane said...

How lovely are these,I'm thinking my granddaughter would love them.xx

Janey said...

SO cute! If I don't have a die cutting machine, how could i go about acquiring some doily cutouts? I MUST make these for my little baby girl! Could I buy some from you? janey.johnson@gmail.com

The Henrich Family said...

I like this, Jill. so cute!

Felicia Palmer said...

I really thought before reading you were going to say you used your silhouette to cut them out. If that was the case I was going to have to get my hands on one of those amazing machines!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

those are so, so adorable! I need me one of these machines!

Kate said...

I love these clips! So adorable.

Full of Grace said...

These are So Sweet! I've forgotten how much I love felt barrettes for my girls, time to get creating I think :)

bloomsandbugs@gmail.com said...

These are so very cute. Great job. Pinning it for inspiration.

Betty Minnes said...

Very creative and pretty.

cheekybaby said...

Baby girl hair accessories
I never read this type of article before. I appreciate you for the article you have written. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

What do you know, these are all adorable just like the ones I bought from https://hairclippy.com/baby-hair-clips for my daughter. And I hope she's going to like them.