puppet show shorts and visiting the jellies

For the fourth day of kcwc, I made Ruby a pair of Puppet Show Shorts (pattern by Oliver + S).   The main shorts fabric comes from a pair of Jared's old dress pants, which were a soft brushed cotton with a tiny houndstooth pattern.


These shorts were such a simple sew, and fit perfectly, so I know I'll be making more.  Ruby loves them -  the fun pockets and trim made for an easy sell.


When I opened these photos, I realized that I had a hand in every piece of Ruby's outfit today.  The shirt is the first thing I ever made for kcwc back in 2010 (it has gotten a lot of wear!).  The flip flops are also Oscar's hand-me-downs, but I glittered them to make them a little more exciting.


Today we were at our local sea center.  I know I don't post a lot of "daily life" stuff here, but the new jelly fish exhibit was so cool, I couldn't resist sharing a few pictures.




In the exhibit, the room is dark and the tanks are all lit with black lights.  It was mesmerizing to watch those jellies floating around.


Hope you have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Jenny said...

Those are adorable! They look so detailed that it's so hard to believe they're an easy sew. I think I might have to finally take a look at the Oliver + S book.

Jennie Holt said...

These are so cute! My goal is to start sewing my girls more clothes but it scares the crap out of me! you make it look way too easy!
Also I totally copied the car playmat that you made for my daughters birthday. I hope thats ok!! you are such an inspiration, everything you make is adorable!!

http://jennieandregan.blogspot.ca/

Jennifer said...

Those shorts are great. I love when handmade items are more professional than you could buy. I usually sew Ottobre patterns (like these: www.mama-hen-jenn.blogspot.com) but I might have to check out this O&S pattern.

Jenny said...

Those shorts may be the cutest things I have ever seen. Not sure if I would have guessed just HOW cute without seeing them on. Absolutely darling. Wish I had a girl!!

Emily said...

Love her outfit and the very very cool pictures.

kristin said...

oh she is just way too cute in her fully handmade summer outfit! great photos of the sea center too. fun.

Ms Quez said...

I love those! Totally adorable!!

rental mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Peppermint Lane said...

Love the shorts. The fabric combination is great!

Michelle said...

Those shorts are so darling!! I love them. I love jellies exhibit too. So mesmerizing.

Angie B said...

Lovely!... reading this post I remember this tutorial, I'm pretty sure your kids will have some fun doing this jellies...

http://bhoomplay.wordpress.com/2011/09/09/diy_jellyfish_eng/

CBH said...

I think they are so cute, I'd like a pair.

I'm very impressed by the re-fashion, I'm going to have to think more like this.

Christine

nestedinstitches.com said...

Those shorts are fantastic!

Divyang Patel said...

Thank You for give me such a great pic..!