Walk in the Woods Swing Tank

Have you been sewing along with the Kids Clothing Week Challenge over at Elsie Marley?  Last night I sewed a Toddler Swing Tank for Ruby.  It is a free pattern posted just yesterday on the relatively new blog, True Bias (which is fabulous, btw).


This is a great little pattern - I liked the bias tape facings in the arm and neck holes and the back button closure.  Every time I use a pattern I learn a little more about how to properly sew clothes.

This is my second day's offering for kcwc.  I actually sewed two shirts the first day, but one is already in the laundry and the other is awaiting some freezer paper stenciling.  This top was just so cute I couldn't resist taking pictures right away.


The fabric is Aneela Hoey Walk in the Woods, in cloud.  Isn't it pretty?


Ruby likes it, too!  All in all, a very successful top.


Speaking of successful tops, my Blue-Eyed Girl top made it into the Top of Tops for week 4 of Rae's Spring Top Sewalong.   There are a lot of really pretty tops this round, but if you like mine best (I'm letter L), vote for me, will you?  Thanks!

19 comments:

Mindy said...

Really adorable shirt! I love your choice of fabric especially. Thanks for sharing a great link for a free pattern. I'll have to give it a try.

meg said...

it's perfect!

tatiana said...

hermosaaaaa

Emily said...

Lovely fabric and shirt.

Jenny said...

This is so beautiful! I love the fabric and it's sewn so well. I love that she loves it, too!

kristin said...

Very cute - you really turned that one around fast! :) And congrats on making Top of Tops!!

Christina said...

Too cute! I'm sort of sewing along. I did great on Monday and Tuesday, but today my schedule was jam-packed, and I'm exhausted tonight, so I'm being easy on myself and telling myself that it's okay to stretch KCWC out over two weeks. : )

Also, congratulations on the blue-eyed-girl top's success!

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

This is so cute!! The best fabric!

gail said...

i love this! looks like a great fit, too.thanks for the pattern link!

Giraffens kaos said...

Sooo cute :)

Owlish said...

Ooh. I really like this and the print you used. I'd seen the pattern and was thinking about trying it but was hoping to see it sewn up first. Iy=t looks great!

Ellieboo said...

It is a very cute top and you cant go wrong with Little Red Riding Hood :) Off to check out the True Bias website now -thanks for the link.
Amanda

Kelli Ward said...

It looks SO good. Please let me know if you found any problems with the pattern. As far as I know you are the first one to sew it up besides me.
And thanks for the shout out!

ps Ruby is absolutely adorable.

Cassandra said...

Gorgeous! I love that fabric! Thanks for sharing :)

KerryQ said...

I have failed miserably with kcwc. I love your top. It seems like it would be easy to lengthen into a sweet dress, too. I just subscribed to True Bias - thanks for the link.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how big Ruby is getting! She is just so adorable in her new top!

Constantin Lucretia said...

thanks for the pattern

Anonymous said...

CLICK:
Cara Cepat Mengobati Wasir Tanpa Operasi
Makalah Cara Cepat Mengobati Wasir Tanpa Operasi
Cara Paling Cepat Mengobati Wasir Tanpa Operasi
Cara Cepat Mengobati Wasir Dengan Herbal Tanpa Operasi
Cara Tips Cepat Mengobati Wasir Tanpa Operasi