lace trim shorts

Last night I made another pair of Puppet Show Shorts for Ruby - it is such a great little pattern!  I re-purposed  another pair of dad's old work slacks and added some pretty lace trim to the pockets.  I also used a pretty aqua thread, which is hard to see in the photo, but looks really cute in person.


Last week at my sewing studio class, a woman showed up with two carloads of sewing supplies to donate ... fabric, trims, elastics, faux furs, even a dress form!  I really had to restrain my supply hoarding tendencies, but did walk away with yards of this cute trim, 3 inch elastic, and a big piece of lace fabric that I'm really excited about.  Do you have trouble turning away free supplies?  My fabric drawers are so overstocked that they hardly close, but I just can't help myself.

In other news ... can you believe that baby Cora is 6 months old today?  She is such a little doll.  The days are long with three little kids, but time really is going fast.  I'm a lucky mama!



7 comments:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Oh cuteness! We hit 6 months next week :)

And I'm with you on the hoarding thing... we went to a store last weekend that has remnant/extras out the wazoo, and I was so proud of my (reasonable) restraint. Not free, but good deals are hard to say no to!

Christina said...

Those shorts are too cute! The aqua thread is the perfect finishing touch. I love using contrasting thread for top-stitching, but whenever I enter clothes in the local fair, the judges always knock points for not using matching thread. What's up with that?

mrsc1345 said...

Those shorts are so precious! The lace is such a perfect touch. I don't know how you resisted taking home more supplies, I surely couldn't have helped myself!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

These little shorts are so adorable! the trim adds such a delicate little touch of fun. I have a REALLY hard time turning down free supplies even though my fabric shelves are groaning! Who got the dress form, lol!?

Sarah H said...

Oh my goodness, I check your blog often but just realized my daughter Julia was born on the exact day as your little one. Have you done the puppet shorts for Cora? I would love to make some shorts because none of the store bought ones seem stretchy enough around the waist - my little Michelin Man is wearing size 4 diapers now..kinda freaks me out because she's my first but ah well what can I do!

kristin said...

super cute shorts! love the lace trim - i need to make some of these...have the pattern but haven't tried them yet. and that cora is a cutie!

Jordan - Polkadot Prints said...

Oh I love these shorts! Need some in adult size, too! Really sweet pattern.
Creating something is such a great outlet when you have small children - You've spent some time making something that won't be undone as soon as you turn your back!! : )