letterpressed thank you cards (a bridal shower gift)

Earlier this month, one of my best pals in the world got married - yay!  I wasn't able to make it out to the bridal shower (insert frowny face here), but of course I wanted to send a gift.  I included something fun and something practical ... this was the practical part.  Isn't it nice when practical can also be pretty?


I used my L-Letterpress system from Lifestyle Crafts to make a nice, thick stack of letterpressed thank you notes.  An essential for any bride!

Not familiar with the L-Letterpress?  It is one of my favorite papercrafting tools. Check out Lifestyle Craft's blog for a rundown of the basics.


For these cards, I used a combination of printing plates.  Polka dots from the Wintertide Plates, the thanks script from the Blossoms Plates, and the M monogram on the envelopes is from the Scholastic Plates.

If you get an assembly line going, it really doesn't take long to crank out a big set of cards.  I printed about 50 of these thank you notes in an evening.


Dressed up in a pretty bow, you have a gift worthy of any beautiful bride.


Congratulations, again, Megan and Nate!  I love you guys to pieces.

9 comments:

thingsforboys said...

I love it! That is such a beautiful shower gift. I've been lusting after a letterpress kit for ages and you're not helping!!

Carla said...

Saw these first hand and they really were wonderful, we all wanted to steal them, but the M only worked for Megan :(

Simple Simon & Co said...

What a perfect gift! (And they are super cute besides!)
liZ

It's Sooo Fluffy! said...

I love the polka dots! What a great gift

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

super cute, thoughtful gift!

Vera said...

I love this gift idea! Thanks for DIY post! Personalized cards say so much more than store bought. Vera (redovercoat.com)

Plastic Card said...

The thank you card is so inspirational. This is looking so beautiful and so nice design. I like it. Thank you for sharing this thank you card.

Hank Hendricks said...

This is gorgeous. I have worked at Plastic cards printing and designing company and this card inspire me so much. I appreciate this.

Brianna said...

Cute my sister is doing postcards.